Saturday, April 8, 2017

Weekly Reflection for Week of April 3 to April 7

Standards of the Week [5.1, 5.2, 5.3]

How did you do on your work:
This week we worked on the stickleback HHMI packet, the physiology project, and vodcasts 5.1 and 5.2. I feel that I did the stickleback packet well as it was kind of a throwback to evolution in unit one which I feel that I understand the best out of any unit that we have done this year. I also feel that I (and my group) did well on the physiology project. We divided and conquered, managing to do the whole thing in one class without leaving out any important information.

What do you understand well:
I feel that I understand the stickleback packet (standards 5.1 and 5.2) pretty well as it was pulling together stuff from different units throughout the year with evolution and DNA structure. I also understand the parts of the physiology project that I did for excretion as I had to understand to some extent before I added it to the informational paper.

Where do you think you can improve:
I think that I can improve upon learning the other parts of the physiology project (gas exchange, circulation, and nutrition) and the parts that I don't understand well on excretion. Learning about four different physiological systems in one day is a lot of information to take in, process, and retain.

What strategies will you use to improve:
To make sure that I understand the four physiological systems I will review each of the papers the groups made and look at the questions that other people asked as some of them were questions that I had. After reviewing the papers that the groups did I will go and do extra research of my own on anything that I am having trouble understanding.

How does the current work fit into the context of the course:
The work this week fits into the overall course as we can see many of the units that we have studied this year come together in the physiological systems. The systems developed the way they did due to evolution, they work the way they do because of signals they receive from the organism (hormones etc.), and they process matter that is made e.g oxygen produced in photosynthesis and needs to be excreted from plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment