Sunday, February 12, 2017

Weekly Reflection for Week of Feb. 6 to Feb. 10

Standards of the week: [4.1 and 4.2]

How did you do on the work?
This week we worked on vodcast 4.3, the mutation packet, and the play-doh transcription project. I did well on the mutation packet as I find mutations interesting so the information just comes to me easily. I also feel I did well with the play-doh project as my partner and I worked well together and we just about finished the project in the two classes.


What do you think you understand well?
I feel that the play-doh project helped me to solidify the information about transcription and translation that we learned in vodcast 4.2. Working through the process step by step and showing how each step works helped to clear up the confusion that I had when I initially learned the information. I also feel that I understand mutations pretty well after doing the mutation packet, and in general, mutations seem pretty straight forward to me. 

Where do you think you could improve?
I feel that I can improve upon the vodcasts. I spread the notetaking of 4.3 out over the course of the week which was helpful as it didn't overload me; however, I didn't work on any of the WSQ's so this weekend I had to do all three. In the future, if we have any more large vodcasts I will try to spread out doing the WSQ's along with spreading out the notetaking.

What strategies will you use to improve?
In the future I will try to do the WSQ's earlier in the week to that I don't have to do them all right before they are due. I will also try to start reviewing the information a little sooner than I usually do before quizzes and tests as there were a few questions I was unsure about on this weeks quiz.

How does the work we are doing fit into the context/narrative of the course?
This week's work was an extension of last weeks work and as I said DNA is the basis of everything in biology. Without it, the field of biolo
gy can't exist. We also learned about biotechnology with week which not only relates DNA and RNA to biology but to real life uses of DNA and RNA showing that information in biology extends into everyday parts of life.

and Tatum's experiment. I didn't understand their experiment based on the information on the prezi so I had to do som

No comments:

Post a Comment